Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 6

Hey all!

So my team won the basketball game! The score was 37-24. It was so much fun to not have to go to class but got to go outside and play some sports with the Chinese students. In the end our team got prizes and a bunch of local snack food (which we will be trying later tonight!) Later today we will be going to visit a Chinese family that is the family of a professor from the school of foreign languages here on the University. We will be able to see what a traditional family house would look like and how it is different from a US family house.

Tonight I am very excited because we will first be able to try sweet dumplings and then it is out to celebrate one of the Chinese students birthday's with some sweet karaoke. We gave my buddy a long list of songs that we want to sing and I cannot wait to see the other sing tonight. I guess karaoke is a big thing for Chinese students when they want to go out so I am really happy that we are able to experience it with them for Maureen's birthday. Maybe I will post some videos of our singing later on tomorrow! See you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment